find / -name 2>/dev/null
I also do not know the answer of this questions, but this is my solution
Try setting property
It is stored in “Control” Table
use ‘dir’ to get the details
yum whatprovides “*filename*”
Q: How to install packages with all the dependency packages if all the packages are available at a common repository?
Ans : rpm –ivh –aid packagename.
Q: How to check, where a particular package installed it’s configuration files.
Ans : rpm –qc packagename.
Q: How to check the change log of the installed package.
Ans : rpm -q –changelog packagename.
Q: How to check, where a particular package installed it’s doc files.
Ans : rpm -qd packagenme
Q: How to check all the files installed by package?
Ans : rpm -q –filesbypkg packagename
Q: How to check the version of files installed by a package
Ans : rpm -qi packagename
Q: How to check the dependencies for a particular packages i.e. Required libraries packages etc.
Ans : rpm -q -R packagename.
Q: How to upgrade the packages which are already installed on to the linux box.
Ans : rpm -F install options packagename.
Q: What is the command to update only the rpm database.
Ans : rpm -i –justdb packagename
Q: What is the command to check whether a particular package installation would be successful but would not actually install the package.
Ans : rpm -ivh –test packagename
Q: How to check that a particular file belong to which package
Ans : rpm -qf filename
Q: How to list files in a package
Ans : rpm -ql packagename
Q: How to verify whether the files installed by package are intact or been tampered/corrupted.
Ans : rpm -qs packagename
Q: What is the command to create a new RPM Database
Ans : rpm –initdb
Q: What is the command to rebuild the RPM Database
Ans : rpm –rebuilddb
- How to add font files in an MSI package without using Wise Package Studio’s File Display Section.
- Difference between deferred & immediate custom action.
- What will you do if you can’t solve a issue in a package.
- How to add shortcuts to startup folder.
- Which applications should not be repackaged in MSI
- Which & why files are stored in C:\Windows\Installer
- What are the differences between patching, update & upgrade
- How to view to installation log files, which third party tools can be used for this task.
- Where can I find the schema of MSI file.
- How will you get the table details by using MSI SDK but not using ORCA.
- How can Network Shortcuts be added in an MSI Package.
- How to install certifications using MSI
- What are the advantages of admin install
- What condition on CA will allow to “Install” and “repair” but not at “uninstall”
- How to create nested MSI Installation
- How to create MST file from two MSI files.
- How to ensure that MSI gets installed only on WinXPSP3, win 7 and IE 8