I have restarted the coding of mayadeploy, a Full Package Management Solution for Small Business, It will be re-coded in Python & G++, using WX as GUI library.
Few silent features are as follows,
- Based on Server & Client architecture
- Using this managers will be able to deploy packages on to his reportee’s computer without any human intervention. (Only for App-V Packages for now)
- Will support following file types for deployment:- msi, exe, batch files, App-V Packages
- Ver: 2 will support even hardware & software reporting
- Will have entire Software Life cycle support.
- New Software request or Existing Software request
- Integration, packaging, UAT and Deployment lifecycle integrated.
as always i am requesting yours comments and suggestions to make it a success.
My first try to consolidate all the app-v interview questions. http://sourceforge.net/projects/softgridhelper/files/Documentations/AppV%20Interview%20Questions_Ver_0.0.1Alpha1.pdf/download
As always your comments and suggestions are most welcome.
Short Answer is Yes & No.
Long Answer: If the application was sequenced on WinXP and streamed on Vista then there is more chances for the application to work but reverse is not recommended.
Also if the application when physically installed does not work then even the virtualized application will also not work.
Steps to create the custom exclusion list.
- Launch the AppV sequencer.
- Goto Tools -> Options
- Select “Exclusion Items” tab
- Add new exclusion items using “New Button”
- When all the exclusion items are added then press “Save As Default” button
- Copy the default.sprj file from “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Virtualization Sequencer\” or the folder where the sequencer was installed to some network share from where it can be accessed later.
Using the custom exclusion list
- Copy the saved default.sprj file to “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Virtualization Sequencer\” before launching the Sequencer.
- When launched the sequencer will take the exclusion list from the default.sft file.
Delete / rename the SftMMC which is located at “%appdata%\Microsoft\MMC” directory will remove all the settings and sever details also from the Softgrid Management Consoles.
Following are the few of the reasons why one should execute the applications while in capture mode.
1. Applicataion initialization: Most of the applications initialize on there first lauch and it is a good idea to capture that, Applications can do that by many ways such as self healing, etc
2. Component evaluating: This is something Sequencer does, it scans all the files and there working and based on that it sets the softricity attributes to the files and folders,
Today I am releasing a newer & better version of the Softgrid Helper.
1. New Installer: The msi package has been created using War Setup which internally uses Microsoft WIX.
2. Logging Enabled: Now most of the task has been logged so that any issue can be debugged.
3. New Name & Icons: New icons make this application look better.
Bug Fix(es) :
1. Refresh All and clean up issues have been resolved.
The installer can be downloaded from Here
Thanks and Regards,
1. This software is should not be used in production and has not been tested at all.
2. This software has been released under GNU 3.0 License.
This is my second tool which i use to clean up the OSD files, and prepare them to promote them to production server by updating the server name in the OSD files by right clicking them and selecting “update to Prod Server” in Windows Explorer.
The tool can be downloaded from OSD Helper
The source code of the package is also available with the package and is released under GNU 3 License.
NOTE: This program has not been tested fully and will contain many bugs, kindly report them and this program has not been intended to be used in production. Use it at your own risk.
Also comments and suggestions are always welcome.