|Target OS||OSD Tag Value||Minimal AppV Client|
|Windows 2000 Server||VALUE=”Win2KSvr”/>||4.1|
|Windows 2000 Terminal Server||VALUE=”Win2KTS”/>||4.1|
|Windows XP x64||VALUE=”WinXP64″/>||4.6 x64|
|Windows Server 2003||VALUE=”Win2003Svr”/>||4.1|
|Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server||VALUE=”Win2003TS”/>||4.1|
|Windows 2003 Terminal Server x64||VALUE=”Win2003TS64″/>||4.6 x64|
|Windows Vista x64||VALUE=”WinVista64″/>||4.6 x64|
|Windows 2008 Terminal Server||VALUE=”Win2008TS”/>||4.5|
|Windows 2008 Terminal Server x64||VALUE=”Win2008TS64″/>||4.6 x64|
|Windows 7||VALUE=”Win7″/>||4.5 sp1|
|Windows 7 x64||VALUE=”Win764″/>||4.6 x64|
|Windows 2008 R2 Terminal Server x64||VALUE=”Win2008R2TS64″/>||4.6 x64|
- Why the Flag files in OSD Scripts should be saved in Virtual File System instead of Physical System
- How to create default.sprj file.
- What is App-V Sequencing
- What is VFS sequencing
- What is MNT Sequencing
- What is SystemGuard
- What are the protocols supported for streaming
- What is active upgrade
- Which applications can be sequenced.
- How to manage exclusion list
- Can network shortcut applications be sequenced
- Can host files be sequenced
- Define the normal upgrade process
- What precautions are needed while sequencing
- How reboots are handled while sequencing
- Can all types of services be sequenced
- Why application is launched more than once while sequencing.
- How much disk space is required on sequencing machine
- Which hardware component be updated to get better performance in sequencing process.
- What is a suite and how we can create them
- What is the difference between update and active upgrade
- What is the difference between suite and dynamic suite
- Why only Q drive is necessary for sequencing can we have any other also.
- Name few disadvantages of using SCCM server for deploying App-V Applications
- Name few advantages of using SCCM server for deploying App-V Applications
Download the Alpha Version of the App-V Interview Questions from http://sourceforge.net/projects/softgridhelper/files/Documentations/
shutdown the windows update service.
Short Answer is Yes & No.
Long Answer: If the application was sequenced on WinXP and streamed on Vista then there is more chances for the application to work but reverse is not recommended.
Also if the application when physically installed does not work then even the virtualized application will also not work.
Steps to create the custom exclusion list.
- Launch the AppV sequencer.
- Goto Tools -> Options
- Select “Exclusion Items” tab
- Add new exclusion items using “New Button”
- When all the exclusion items are added then press “Save As Default” button
- Copy the default.sprj file from “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Virtualization Sequencer\” or the folder where the sequencer was installed to some network share from where it can be accessed later.
Using the custom exclusion list
- Copy the saved default.sprj file to “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Virtualization Sequencer\” before launching the Sequencer.
- When launched the sequencer will take the exclusion list from the default.sft file.
Unable to import OSD file. The file specified is not a valid SoftGrid OSD file. Please ensure the file conforms to the SoftGrid OSD file schema and contains well formed XML. Error code: 0000C81D
When importing the package using SPRJ or OSD file:
OSD File is missing or NAME Tag inside OSD File is greater then 64 Char length.
The File Streaming can be enabled in 4.5 by setting the following key to 1 (DWORD)
No, hosts file can not be virtualized using Microsoft Softgrid Application Virtualization technique.
I have only seen this error message under following conditions.
- OSD is referring of a Network file under script or FILENAME tag which user can not access.
- WORKINGDIR tag refers to a directory which does not exist.
- WORKINGDIR tag contains directory name is between Q0tes (“”)
It might be safe to remove the workingdir tag only if
When launching the app you are getting Invalid dir error.
I have seen this due to two reasons.
While capture the icons were not captured properly:
Resolution: Extract the icons from the executable and then use it.
The icons does not have proper icons size 16×16
Resolution: Extract the icons from the executable and then use it
Note: One can use iconsucker, IconSnatcher or similar tool. Always remember to save the icon in 16×16 size and do not forget to update the OSD files to point to the new icons.
I have developed a new tool which can be used to cleanup the cache of softgrid client, refresh specific softgrid server or refresh all server.
Download it from here http://sourceforge.net/projects/softgridhelper/